Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!

Mailbox Monday is hosted on its own site. It is there to show off the books acquired during the week!

So I just got one book this week. From NetGalley!
The Becoming of Noah Shaw (The Shaw Confessions #1) by Michelle Hodkin (Goodreads)

You guys have no idea how excited I was to see I got approved for this!!!! It's like my most anticipated release this year!!! I've already started it! So far so good!! Look for my review on Tuesday, it's release day! 

Weekly Recap:

Reviews:

So I only got to read one book this week. Unfortunately, Halloween night I got sick. My daughter and my fiance got a really mild cold with just some coughing and sneezing. Somehow mom got it 10x worse. I ended up not only with the coughing and sneezing, but also a sore throat and Halloween night, a fever of 100.3. Both of them are fine now but I'm still sick. No more fever though! Just trying to get rid of this sore throat and stuffy nose. But getting sick definitely put a damper on my week. I've been so out of it that I couldn't focus on reading the book I started until today. But at least my sweet little kitty has been by my side. He has literally been laying right next to me all week since I got sick keeping an eye on me and trying to make me feel better. He's such a sweet little guy. So I had to put off my second review I wanted to do this week. I'm looking for it to be up Sunday or Monday now instead.

But in the midst of getting sick I did get some good news! I found out I passed my midterm with a 77% for my math class!!! I was super stressing about it. I struggled on it. My college has a policy that you have to pass your math tests with a 68% average or higher to pass the class regardless of the rest of the grades in the class. So I was stressing that I wasn't gonna get a high enough grade to help my test average. Lets just say a huge weight got lifted when I found out I got a 77%. 

Also, since I was sick, I just laid around and rested, so I started planning my daughters birthday party!!! She turns 3 in exactly one month (December 4th). I made the Facebook event for her party, and have a good idea of the decorations I wanna get/make for her party thanks to Pinterest. 

Since I got sick on Halloween we didn't get to do all the stuff we were gonna do for festivities. I did manage to make fun pudding cups with worms (like worms are coming out of the ground) before the sick overcame me. Lol. However we didn't get to decorate our pumpkin shaped cookies, and I fell asleep halfway through movies. We were watching IT (the original, not the new one). I do have a picture of the pudding cups! 


Coming Up This Week:
Review of The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin
Review of The Becoming of Noah Shaw (The Shaw Confessions #1) by Michelle Hodkin (On Tuesday, it's release date)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that is amazing that you got approved for the Noah book. That is seriously in discussion these days.

    And I hope you are feeling better now and your daughter and fiance too. Cold can be the worst enemy, trust me :(

    I also read just one book this week. It was pretty slow week.

    Oh wow, congratulations on getting good percentage. It is always a relief :)

    And happy birthday to your daughter in advance :) Have a happy weekend!

    My STS: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2017/11/stacking-shelves-10/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three years, time goes by so fast, doesn't it? Hope you feel better now. And the book you got looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to finish the mara dyer triogy so bad so I can read the Noah Shaw book.

    Megan @ reading away the days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you got sick on Halloween. I missed out on fun having to work :( Hope you're feel better. As for your haul, one goal is to read the Mara Dyre series next year! My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Congrats on getting Noah Shaw! I love the cover and the series is awesome. I'm sorry you got sick! Congrats on passing the midterm. Happy reading!

    Have a fabulous week. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting Noah and I hope you are feeling better.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know everyone is clambering to get the Noah Shaw book! Congrats! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m sorry you were sick. There is so much sickness going around my school that it’s a wonder we have any students or teachers there!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/11/nonfiction-november-your-year-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, glad to hear tha5 you got approved for the book you’d been really anticipating. I hope you enjoy it and the other books this week. Happy reading and have a wonderful week. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's too bad about getting sick! But the pudding looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohh! I loved dirt pudding! I miss eating those. Glad you had a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you’re sick, but congrats on passing your test. Enjoy your new book! That pudding looks so good. I want some.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)