Crossed (Matched #2)
Author: Ally Condie
Publisher: Dutton Books
Publication Date: November 1, 2011
Pages: 384
Source: Hardcover/Own

The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


Review: This is a great sequel to Matched! I really enjoyed it. Lets start of with the fact that I loved how it was in both Cassia & Ky's points of view. I loved knowing what was happening to them during the same moments but at different places. It definitely made the story more interesting. I love how Ky found a way to escape into the canyons and how while that was happening Cassia found a way to the Outer Provinces. I love how Cassia wouldnt stop at anything until she found Ky. It made me really happy that they also had other people that wanted to run with them. Ky had Vick and Eli & Cassia had Indie. I have to say out of the three I think Indie was my favorite. There is just something about her that I really like, whether it was her knowledge of the things the Society lied about or hid from people or just her attitude, or how she helped Cassia hide her container. Either way, I really like her. I did however like little Eli also. He is so young. I cant believe the Society sent him out there but I'm glad he ended up going with Ky. I was also shocked with what all of them found, that the Society was hiding. Wow!

The Rising... I really enjoyed learning about it. There was so much I didnt know about it so it was nice to learn all about it. Omg! All the things Cassia, Ky and the group found. I was shocked to find out so much of that stuff still existed. But it helped them find the rising so it totally made me happy that it still existed. I didnt understand why Ky was so against actually seeking out the rising at first, but when we learned about his past I understood some, but I'm glad with the decision he made in the end. And omg!!! The Ending. I loved the way it ended but now I cant wait for the next book to see what happens! AHH! 

If you liked Matched then definitely pick this up. :) 

4 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. I've just finished Matched, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading Crossed!

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)