Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Publication Date: December 2, 2010
Pages: 372
Source: Paperback from Library

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


Review: Let me get this out of the way before I begin. EEEEPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! Like, this book just jumped up to the top of my faves list! This book is absolutely amazing! The whole time I was reading this book I was either laughing, squealing (mostly at Anna & Etienne (yes, I will refer to him by his first name) moments), grinning like crazy or getting mad. I even cried at one point. I just couldn't get enough of this book! So I wanna start of with Paris. AHHHH! Paris, France! I love any book that takes place in Paris!!! I'm a bit french myself so I'm always a fan of Paris being the setting of a book! I also liked the friends Anna made in Paris. (We all know who I'm talking about, Mer, Josh etc.) They were pretty cool and they seemed overall like good friends. I didn't like though what Anna's best friend back in Atlanta did to her.

On to what I'm just dying to talk about!!!! Anna and Etienne!!!! I couldn't get enough of these two!!! They were just so dang cute!!! There are some thing that were painfully obvious even at the beginning, like how much they liked each other! I mean come on, from the first moment they really shared it was obvious. Then as the book went on it was even more painfully obvious that they were falling in love with each other. I loved how they seemed to get closer and closer as the book went on. I mean I was like giggling and smiling so much reading moments between them and then I'd get so pissed when Etienne would run off to Ellie. But then I'd forgive him next time he shared an adorable moment with Anna again! I couldn't hate the guy!!!! Lol. I loved how Etienne would defend Anna and be there when he needed her. I mean he was seriously like the perfect dream guy any one could ask for. I mean, I'll admit I had a crush on him just from reading about him. Lol. I must say I absolutely LOVED the ending!!!! I mean I was crying at the end because I was so happy that Anna and Etienne were finally together!!!!!!!

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to read an amazing contemporary that will have you laughing, crying, screaming and smiling. Oh, and to anyone who enjoys a good story about falling in love. :D

5 Stars!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I have this book on my shelf. Because I'm SO looking forward to reading it! I like the cover! Isn't it pretty?? I'm so glad you LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! Hehe. Great review, Brittani! Thank you for sharing!!!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had (and have) a crush on Etienne as well. And I agree with all that you say about them and their story.
    I love this book so much, I can't even tell you.
    This weekend I'll read the next one, 'Lola and the boy next door'. I simply can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo! You love love love love this book! I DO TOO! Isn't it full of AWESOMENESS? Have you read LOLA and the BOY NEXT DOOR? If not, YOU MUST! It's as amazing as Anna and the French Kiss! I can't even tell you how much I adored these two books. Stephanie's great for giving us these two amazing books. I'm so so glad you enjoyed and loved it! Yay for Anna and Etienne! Read Lola and Cricket!!! =)

    Love Lots, April <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get my hands on this book! everyone seems to really love it. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)